Thursday, July 06, 2006

the wounded healer.

bad headache.

Is there such a thing as a good headache? Anyway, this one’s really bad. Was it the three cups of coffee or C’s stale cigarette? Sudden bouts of vertigo don’t help either.

I’m almost done with my eight day work week but so far away from a day’s rest. i feel like I haven’t had a break since… when? The start of June? May?

who am I fooling anyway?

If I don’t slow down I’m going to get really sick. But if I do slow down, I know I’m going to get sick too… sick in the head. Sick in the heart.

guess what i would rather be.

besides, I can’t slow down now, even if I wanted to. There are too many people who need me to be there for them… too many people to help heal… sometimes, I want to tell them, that hey, I need to heal too… coz… in case you forgot…

behind the smiles,

behind the laughter,

my heart is bleeding too.

No comments: