Wednesday, June 14, 2006

the word i'm looking for is “whimsical”...


I want to learn to cook.
I want to learn to laugh.
I want to tap dance.
It will be my salvation.
- Elizabethtown



B made me watch Elizabethtown last week. I’m really not in the right frame of mind to say if the movie was good or not, but I’m thinking, as far as Cameron Crowe movies go, this one wasn’t quite… smooth. But rough or not, I cried buckets while watching the movie, and even more after.

I’ll probably try to see the movie again sometime soon. Maybe it’ll be different.

There was a part there where Susan Sarandon’s character wondered if she ever really made her dead husband happy. So, naturally, I wondered if I ever really made X happy when we were together. See, he never told me.

How can five years go by without you telling the person you supposedly love that you were happy she was in your life? That you were happy she was in your life.

How can two people who claim to love each other that much take advantage of each other as much as X and I did?

My last memory of X was that Sunday… after saying our goodbyes, he looked on as I made my way to the elevator. I looked at him through the glass doors of the office bulding. He was smiling, but his eyes looked sad, as if he was about to cry.

In my last memory of him, it seemed that he still cares. That he did care.

maybe, even a lot.

Last looks. There’s one right now.

No comments: