Monday, August 28, 2006

karma

life is weird. sometimes, it gives you JUST what you want, JUST what you need. even if you avoid it. i’ve been really tired the past week and i was looking forward to just staying home to rest and clean my apartment this weekend. but i had to attend jm’s brother’s (or sister’s) christening on saturday. and i promised to spend sunday with Y, since this is the only sunday off i get. i couldn’t say no to both. so, naturally, i said yes. but i was so sick saturday morning, i couldn’t even get out of bed. so i wasn’t able to attend the christening at dampa, and instead of being stuffed to my face with food, i was hungry and sick last saturday. i think that was karma for being so greedy. anyway, sunday was a little bit better, though i wasn’t able to go out with Y.

i ended up spending my weekend in bed, watching arrested development and reading. when you come to think of it, i got to do what i really wanted to do in the first place, which was to spend my weekend in bed watching arrested development and read. i wasn’t able to tidy up my apartment, organize my mp3’s, dust my old cd’s or finish that short story i’m writing, but at least, i got my rest, the rest, i believe, i deserve.

well… of course, jm is not talking to me, she didn’t even bother come out to the terrace that night and the night after. Y was, of course, a bit more understanding. although he wanted to drop by, i didn’t really want company last sunday, i was enjoying my ‘me' time. Y got a bit worried, but i really didn’t want him to be. i really want people to stop worrying about me.

good news, i’ll finally get my palm tomorrow. hah. and we’re having nickelodeon back on cable. i can’t wait to see hoodsie again…

i’m hoping to start the week right. i hope nothing goes wrong. i’m keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers.

No comments: