Saturday, January 12, 2008

e m p t y

things i learned recently:

i learned that at 5am led zep is too early while madonna is just right. but at 6pm, crazy for you is just too damn early. and sober, i might add.

i learned that seeing a child’s lifeless body at the side of the highway after a horrendous accident alters the way one feels about a highway, the sound of screeching tires and even the sound of a vehicle horn.

i learned this morning that i'm still scared shit of sleeping through a typhoon, the sound of rain slapping against my tin roof.

and i learned that i have to see fight club every 3 months to keep my head off the freaking clouds.

Narrator: [as he holds a gun to his mouth] Do something for me.
Tyler Durden: What?
Narrator: Appreciate something.
Tyler Durden: What?
Narrator: Look at me...
Tyler Durden: What?
Narrator: My eyes are open.

No comments: