Saturday, January 26, 2008

rediscovering beck


i love beck. i just can’t stop listening to guero… it’s just so easy to listen to this album and the more i listen to it, the more it takes a hold on me. while some of the songs prompted me to nod my head and want to dance… some songs made me want to draw the shades in my room, turn of the lights, curl under a warm blanket and… bask in my loneliness instead of hiding it with tears…

that’s what i love about beck. when he’s a slacker… he’s a slacker. when he’s crazy, he’s just crazy. when he’s funky and hip, he’s just really funky and hip. and when he’s sad… he’s so unbelievably sad but still hip and funky. his voice is heavy yet so easy to listen to.

i just love beck.

i did get my hair done. although it didn’t really make much of a difference. i ruined my hair. and it sucks. i can’t wait till i get rid of my rebonded hair. i even checked out some wigs over the weekend. okay. so it’s not so bad. in fact, if you didn’t see my hair before you would say that my hair looks perfectly fine, but it’s not. it’s dry. brittle. and it has a dent where the rebonded hair ends and the untreated hair starts… and i don’t like the color. really. i specifically asked for a darker shade but i got this straw like color and texture. damn.

enough about hair.

i also got that pair of strappy silver sandals. and the pair i got were studded with rhinestones. they look nice and flirty but i they are definitely not made for walking. just a few steps and the straps fall apart. i wish my PC at home is working right. if it were, i’ll post pictures of the sandals and my dress and everything else. even my split ends.

so i attended that wedding. that morning, i had to be at work at 2am and i went to the gym the day before so when i woke up at midnight to get ready for my shift, my body ached all over. especially my arms and legs. i was worried i wont be able to wear my silver sandals because my legs felt like they were ready to just fall apart. but i got through it. mind over matter.

i wore that v-neck black dress i got from plains and prints. again, if my PC is working, i’ll be able to post a picture of the dress. it looked like a big gift. it was black with grey, white and blue trims at the hem. the blue straps cross at the back to make a big bow . i love that dress. it’s simple. and easy. but pretty. not complicated at all. which i hope everything else to be.

the wedding was nice. although it became a tad too sentimental for me towards the end. but it was fun and i guess romantic in some ways. again, it became too romantic for me towards the end. i wish B and C a very happy life together. they looked so cute and happy and right.

i was supposed to go out with some friends from the office after the wedding. but it didn’t push through, which was a good thing, now that i think about it.

i am addicted to boxing. i should have done this years ago.

No comments: